· Ohiopyle Borough is a quaint town located along the picturesque Yougiogheny River. The town has offers a variety of amenities that draw on the natural beauty and recreation value of the area. The town is proactive in maintaining the qualities it offers, thus the town and buildings are very well maintained.
· Active commercial trade.
· Location in Ohiopyle State Park.
· A well maintained town center.
Ohiopyle Borough maintains its own zoning and comprehensive plan. The information in this plan reflects the County’s view of future land use only and has no bearing on the Borough’s Comprehensive plan or zoning. Please refer to a copy of the Ohiopyle Borough comprehensive plan and future land use map for an accurate depiction of future land use in Ohiopyle Borough.
Existing Built Area:
· The existing built areas straddle the Youghiogheny River.
· 14% of Borough land area
Future Growth Areas:
· Growth will occur as in-fill and reuse of existing structures in the existing fabric of the town.
Recreation/Cultural Resource Conservation:
· The remaining portions of the Borough are State Park lands.
· 84% of Borough land area