Fayette County Passport Office
- Passport Hours- 8:00am-3:30pm
- No Appointment Required!
- Prothonotary reserves the right to deny the process of a hand carry passport based on office volume.
- At this time, we do NOT provide photo services.
- All persons must be present to apply for a passport including infants and children.
- Applications must be filled out using black ink only.
- For online applications, all applicants, regardless of age must complete all questions, including the parental areas that are not marked with asterisks.
- Special requirements apply for minor children.
- Before coming to the Passport Office, please refer to the FAQs for all Passport information.
- Visit travel.state.gov for current regulations
- Fees must be paid by cash, check or money order only. No credit or debit cards.
- Each person applying for a Passport must pay separately (separate check of money order).
- Minor children do not qualify to use a DS-82 renewal form and must use the DS-11 form.
- We do not accept the DS-82 form. Adult applicants must answer yes to the six questions on the DS-82 page in order to use the form. If you choose to process a renewal using the DS-82 form, you must send it by postal mail to the federal government. The Passport Office will assist you with the form and an envelope address to the National Passport Agency, but the applicant must mail in the form.
- Applicants who do not qualify for the DS-82 form must appear in person to complete a DS-11 form.
For additional information about passports and the new passport card go to travel.state.gov or call 1-877-487-2778.
Passport Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How long does it take to get a Passport in the mail?
- It takes a minimum of 4-6 business weeks for processing of a passport application. The fee for an expedited passport is an additional $60 (for a total of $170) and takes a minimum of 2-3 weeks. If a passport is needed within 14 days you must appear in person at the US Customs House in Philadelphia by appointment only. Call 1-877-487-2778 for an appointment.
2. What do I need to bring with me to apply for a Passport?
- Precious Passport of Long Form Birth Certificate (If you have had a previous passport, you must bring it in and submit it. An expired passport can also be used as proof as citizenship, no matter how old the document is. If your passport is damaged/illegible, you must bring either the long form birth certificate or an even older passport that is not damaged as proof of citizenship. Please note that hospital birth registrations, birth notifications, and baptismal certificates are not acceptable forms of citizenship).
- Naturalization certificate if you became a naturalized citizen.
- Valid drivers license. (Parents ID will be used for minors who do not drive)
- Two 2" x 2" identical photographs. School photographs are not acceptable.
- Information required on the form: your social security number, parents birthdate and birthplace, current or previous marriage information.
3. Are there special requirements for children?
- Children aged 15 years or younger require both parents/legal guardians consent at the time of applying. A long form birth certificate must be presented. Parental information must appear on the birth certificate. If one parent or guardian cannot be present, a statement of consent form (#DS3053), or a comparable written statement must be presented at the time of applying and must be notarized within 90 days of the application. Please be sure to include a front and back copy of the non-appearing parent's ID. It must be the same ID the parent used to notarize the documentation. All minor children age 15 years and younger that had a previous passport are required to bring both the expired passport and the long form birth certificate.
4. What is the fee for a Passport Application?
- $80 for children up to 15 years of age, $110 for age 16 years and older. Payments must be made by check, cash or money order. A separate processing fee of $35 is required for each application. This processing fee may be paid in cash, check, or money order. This office does not accept credit or debit cards.