Marriage License Information
To apply for a Marriage License:
- You must be over the age of 18
- If you are 16-17 years of age, you must have parental consent
- If you are divorced, you must bring a copy of your divorce decree
- If your previous marriage was ended due to death you must bring a copy of the death certificate
When applying for a marriage license:
- Both parties must be present in front of the Register of Wills
- You must bring valid photo identification
The cost of a marriage license is $40.00 cash.
There is a three day waiting period once you apply for the license.
In order to apply for a marriage license both parties must appear in front of the Register of Wills before 3:30pm.
Please see that attached Disclaimer of Liability regarding marriages in Pennsylvania.
Disclaimer of Liability.pdf
Please find a list of elected officials in Fayette County that are authorized to perform a marriage ceremony.
Authorized to Marry.pdf